Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gaba Rejection

I got my application decision email from Gaba Corporation yesterday informing me that I was unsuccessful.

It was disappointing and definitely discouraging - as I did get the impression from other ESLers that getting a job with Gaba is like getting a job with McDonalds. Paul said that he sees advertisements for Gaba all over Kyoto, and they're all over the web...so it really looks like they're vamping up their recruitment and their business.

I can only hope the rejection is due to lack of positions in my very specific placement request (I wasn't very flexible with that), and not something about me personally as an applicant.

What I will learn from this interview process (though they didn't say anything to me about it) is I NEED to learn not to talk too much. I am a fast talker and I say a lot more than I need to get my point across. That's probably not too admirable in an ESL teacher...though I don't think it's detrimental to my abilities in getting a job.

Hopefully once I get to Japan I will be able to have much more successful job hunt. I will keep on applying to jobs while I'm here, but I have only TWO MONTHS!

I'm so excited!! Wish me luck in my future job search endeavoring!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Have you been able to find a job since?

    I'm currently scheduled for my first phone interview with Gaba (tomorrow!). Phone interviews are always a tricky business (I prefer face-to-face interviews a thousand times more), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm sorry I didn't realize you had commented until just now. I am now in Japan and still on the job hunt. I'm hopeful that hunt will be over soon! How did your interview with Gaba go??

    ReplyDelete