Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tsunamis and Earthquakes

Poor Japan. What an extremely unfortunate week this has been. According to JapanToday.com, the death/missing person tolls are above 10,000. Whoa. The nuclear reactors are now releasing 4,000 millisierverts of radiation within a 20 mile radius, and 1,000 millisierverts are said to increase the likelihood of deadly cancer by 5%.

I looked up South Korea's radiation levels, and it seems like (because of the direction of the winds) they are unaffected thus far. Here is a news article to help ease your mind. I am going to have a serious discussion with Paul tonight about the possibility that Japan is just not going to work. I want to be with him for a long, long time...and not die of cancer in our forties!

Right now, I would love to either go to South Korea now, or go to Chile first and then go to Asia when things calm down. Either way, we are both set on traveling and living abroad by the time 2012 rolls around!

My thoughts and prayers are with Japan. I really hope they will recover from this tragedy soon. MUCH LOVE NIPPON!

No comments:

Post a Comment