Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kyoto!

Paul got his official placement, and we're officially going to Kyoto, Japan! He leaves July 23, and I will be arriving December 1st. I'm spending all of November with family in St. Louis, Springfield, and Santa Cruz, and then I'm off! I'm hugely excited (albeit a little sad that I'll have to say goodbye to my baby for 4 months), and cannot wait to adventurize Japan.

We're going to be in the city of Kyoto (we're guessing), and Paul might be teaching throughout the prefecture-which means he might be teaching different classes at different schools. He will hear from his predecessor after June 20th and find out more about what his position entails. Once he knows for sure where he will be living and teaching, I can start getting serious about my job search. The great news about Kyoto is that the whole area is full of positions for English native teachers. ALSO, Kyoto is beautiful!! The whole prefecture (county) is full of amazing architecture and landscapes. Here's the city:
Click this here link!

And here's a country scape:

Now click THIS here link!

Just google search "Kyoto" and look at the images-I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in Japanese culture and beauty!

Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment